Documentary film blogger Pamela Cohn has tagged me with the latest blog meme. This one requires me to tell you eight things you may not know about me. I’m also required to post the following rules:Rules:
- We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
- Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Donâ€™t forget to leave them a comment telling them theyâ€™re tagged and that they should read your blog.
Ok, here we go:
- I have a thing for visiting obscure countries. In the past two years, my wife and I have vacationed in Uruguay and Slovenia. Iceland and the Baltic republics are high on the list for future trips.
- I’ve formally studied French, Italian, Spanish and Russian, but can speak none of them even passably well.
- I still don’t have a driver’s licence, at the age of 42.
- I have a Bachelor’s degree in theology that so far hasn’t come in that handy.
- As a teenager I had a pet hamster named Fergus.
- The first rock concert I attended was Queen in 1978. Freddy Mercury in a leotard. Yikes.
- I once played drums in a bad “Christian” rock band. Our gimmick involved wearing underwear over our pants. That was my idea.
- When I was visiting Finland in 1989, I took a 36 hour round-trip train journey so I could say I’ve been north of the Artic Circle.
One more thing that Pamela might not have known about me was that I actually have two other blogs. She knows me from Toronto Screen Shots (my film blog). But this one was first (established AD 2000!) and there’s also Runner-Up (mostly sports-related stories about “non-winners”).Next victims: