Continuing with the theme of work and how we get it, here are some things that have certainly popped into my head before, during and after job interviews in the past. I wish I could verbalize some of these things with the people I’m considering working with:
- I think I’m smarter than 90% of the people you have working here. I may not be as focused or even as motivated, but I’m capable of being focused and motivated.
- I’m a little scared that I don’t know what I’m talking about.
- Whatever you think I haven’t done enough of, I can easily learn.
- But what if I can’t? And even if I can, what if I hate it?
- I don’t think that you’re telling me the truth about what it’s really like to work here.
- I’m not sure yet if want this job, but you’re not going to give me enough time or information to make a good decision.
- I’m a little scared that I really want this job, and that I’ll come across as too eager.
- I’m worried that I’ll become restless in six months and want a different job.
- I really have no idea what I want to “do” with my life.
What are some things you’d like to say in a job interview?