Thanks to the generosity of New Riders, I have a duplicate copy of Eric Meyer on CSS: Mastering the Language of Web Design to give away. If you’ve been reading CC for a while, you know what’s coming, don’t you? A contest! Previous contests have been quite popular, and I’ve managed to give away a couple of fine books by Messrs. Zeldman and Powazek.
Here are the rules for the Eric Meyer on CSS Haiku Contest:
1. Readers will submit a genuine haiku (using the comments link below), consisting of three lines. 5 syllables in each of the first and third lines, and 7 syllables in the second line.
2. There is a limit of 3 entries from each person, and at least 10 entries must be received for the prize to be awarded.
3. The contest will run from today until August 15, or until it gets boring.
4. Entrants need not post their entry on their own site, but must post a link to this entry to be eligible. Those without web sites are obviously exempt from this requirement.
5. Anyone in the world may enter and win, but those outside of North America might need to help with shipping costs if they are prohibitive.
Good luck, everyone, and please help spread the word! Oh, and yes, it’s a good book. You can read my review at Digital Web.