It figures that I received a package from Amazon UK today with a whole bunch of Region 2 DVDs that I bought on sale. You see, I’m in the thick of HotDocs, reviewing a bunch of films over at my film blog Toronto Screen Shots. Nevertheless, I can’t wait to check these out over the next few weeks:
- A box set with Roman Polanski’s Knife in the Water, Repulsion, and Cul-de-sac, along with 8 shorts (Anchor Bay)
- Andrei Tarkovsky’s Solaris (Artificial Eye)
- Michael Haneke’s Time of the Wolf (Artificial Eye)
- Lucile Hadzihalilovic’s Innocence (Artificial Eye)
- Ken Loach’s Land and Freedom (Artificial Eye)
- Mike Leigh’s Life is Sweet (FilmFour)
- Keisuke Kinoshita’s Twenty-Four Eyes (Masters of Cinema)
- Alan Parker’s Bugsy Malone (Optimum)
If that weren’t enough, a screener for Julian Schnabel’s The Diving Bell and the Butterfly arrived this week, too, which I’ve been eager to see. Brooke is reading the book right now and raving about it.
I think the sale might be on for a while yet, especially on the Artificial Eye releases. If you have a region-free DVD player, these are some great deals.